Post-Natal Yoga Teacher Training
For more than 10 years, Bloom has become well known in Perth's Northern Suburbs for our specialist pre + postnatal yoga classes.
As a collective community of yoga practitioners and mothers, we look forward to sharing the depth of our knowledge and experience with other teachers looking to safely guide their own students in a starting or returning to a gentle, nurturing practice of yoga following the birth of their baby.
Our comprehensive 30-hour Post-Natal Yoga Teacher Training explores research, theory and practical concepts of how to safely and confidently teach yoga to women in the post-natal period, as well as how to provide support through a community of new mothers.
Module 2: Reconnect + Nurture
When a baby is born, so too is the mother; this is a sacred time of transformation, learning and growth for both mother and child. During this time a woman’s body requires nurturing, love and rest as she learns to reconnect to her new self – both physically and emotionally.
• Overview of the female body following birth
• Explore yogic concepts as they pertain to motherhood
• Examine the concept of the ‘Fourth Trimester’
• Safely sequence classes for new mothers from 6 weeks after birth.
• Provide modifications in a class setting where necessary
• Learn specific postures to assist/alleviate common post-natal ailments for breast/bottle feeding, back and neck pain.
• Apply short, simple pranayama, meditation and relaxation techniques specific for the post-natal period
• Anatomy of the Pelvic Floor, including exercises and recovery
• The use of Sound and Meditation as a tool to soothe and settle babies.
• Learn gentle post-natal sequences and their purpose
• Explore the benefits and practice of restorative yoga for new mothers
• Examine post-natal depression and learn how yoga can be helpful
Our specialist training will not only incorporate our own unique method of delivery and sequencing but will also include the opportunity to observe post-natal classes to further their understanding and skills, in addition to further reading and course work.
This program is open to those who:
Have completed a minimum 200-hour yoga teacher training program (or equivalent)
Have successfully completed a pre-natal teacher training, who have more than 30 hours pre-natal teaching experience.
May 1, 2 + 3
September 4,5 + 6
includes tuition + training materials
paid in full 4 weeks prior to course
Payment Plans Available - more info via our 'apply now' link
Graduates of Module 1 receive a 10% discount on the course fees
This 30-hour training program is run over 3 consecutive days, in addition to observing postnatal classes and completing reading and assignments.
Upon successful completion of attendance, observation and assignments, participants receive recognition and CPD registration with Yoga Australia.